Key Skills in Global Health
Module Coordinator: Dr Fiona Larkan
ECTS Value: 5
This module introduces students to the practical skills required for programme planning and management in the field. It is designed as a dynamic module, which responds to the needs of the group as identified during the Term 1, and is developed in consultation with students.
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of different approaches to project planning, with a particular focus, participatory planning and results based planning
- Explain the stages of the project cycle and the concept and practice of project cycle management
- Apply an understanding of cultural factors and human factors in project planning and management
- Demonstrate the ability to apply log frame analysis and develop a log frame matrix, and establish a project monitoring system and indicators
- Writing project funding proposals and critically analyze project planning and management concepts and issues
- Present and disseminate project results.
Project/programme cycle (log-frames, etc)
Monitoring and evaluation processes
Writing for research
Methods of Teaching and Student Learning
A combination of consultation with practitioners in the field, during which the practicalities of programme planning and management will be discussed.